The purpose of this assessment is to identify risk factors showed by an indigenous patient that may require additional management. It is to ensure that primary health care matches their needs, and does so by aiding early detection, diagnosis and intervention for common and treatable conditions that cause early mortality and morbidity.
What does the Aboriginal & Torres Straight Islander Annual Health Check involve?
• Information collection, including taking history and performing examination and investigation as required.
• Conducting an overall assessment of the patient.
• Interventions as indicated.
• Providing advice and information to the patient to achieve these behavioural and lifestyle changes
• A record of the health assessment, and the offer of a written report including any recommendations (for the patient and/or carer)
How much is it?
At the moment, we are offering BULK BILLING service in order to ensure it is affordable and accessible to indigenous persons.